One Friday evening, Lexa asked me to take her out, just me and her(and Hugh). I said, "Why not?" It was so nice that I ended up asking, "Why don't we do this more often?"
Lexa decided to change clothes for this special occasion, and we headed to downtown Sabinal.
We went to an antique/thrift store. I found my happy place looking at all the old things from bygone daysin there. (And everything was only a few dollars!) Lexa said it was okay, she guessed. Lexa's shopping interest is still mostly limited to toy stores and children's clothing stores at this point.
Then we tried to get sno cones, but apparently the sno cone trailer in Sabinal is never actually open.
So we headed to A's Cafe, which is the 2nd of the two restaurants in Sabinal. I'd never tried it, so I thought this would be a great time to do so, but a sign on the door, said cash only. Lexa wasn't really enthused about it anyway, so instead of an ATM, we went to The Oasis store and restaurant in Uvalde where Lexa really, really, really wanted to go because she loves the big salad bar and apparently also sitting right under the taxidermied giraffe.
Here's my thrift store haul for the day!
Here's my thrift store haul for the day!
This is Lexa's pick at the thrift store. The dog opens and closes it's eyes when you tilt the mug.
It was a fun evening getting out and coming home happy. I'm so glad I have a daughter. Hopefully we'll keep this up and have many more Mommy and daughter dates in our future.





This is so sweet!! I love that you had a day together just the two of you (and Hugh). I'm sure it was really special for her to have a special day with you.
ReplyDelete