Monday, September 11, 2017

Weekly update August 28-September 10

I've already managed to miss a week on these! So this will be a two week update.

Most weekday evenings Lexa and/or Will have had football and/or cheer practice. Sometimes I take Hugh for a stroller stroll during them. Lately he's been insisting I set him free to piddle around. The first day he kept trying to run out after Will onto the football feild, run after them and go after the football, but he seems to get it now that he has to stay off the feild, out of the way. He loves these big tires.


Timmy can slide and swing while reading at the same time while we were waiting for Lexa's practice.


Patrick surprised the kids with foam swords, sheilds and nerf guns. An impromtu living room melee imediately ensued.

Hugh wanted to play too.

We went to the town pep rgally. I took this photo remembering one I'd taken of baby Will up on Patrick's shoulders at the Elgin town pep rally a few years ago.

Here's the old one of Will.

I usually can't get Hugh to keep his clothes on. The other day he did the oppisite and wanted to wear all his shirts at once. He was walking around like he was wearing a ski suit. He couldn't lower his arms all the way.

They had their first flag football game this weekend with big opening ceremonies at the high school football stadium.
We were surprised by an EMS helicopter landing to deliver the game ball. Timmy, a helpful opposing fan, and I were just in time to catch our awning before it blew away!
It was very exciting.

Will playing defense
Lexa snapping the ball


The kids were wiped out after that. Lexa pretended to take a nap on the car ride home.

Here's a couple more of the week's pictures.

Will dressed himself and said he is the principal.


Hugh took a selfie.