Sunday, July 19, 2020

Quarantine day 125

Tonight Lexa made chicken nuggets in the deep fryer. Last week she made fried pickles. Her little brothers helped her with the dipping so there was flour everywhere. 
Timmy emerges from his room everyday around 5pm after reading all day. 
Patrick’s short work weeks for the summer are over. He has to start back up with zoom meetings all day every weekday bright and early in the morning.
 I’ve been so worried that I was having trouble sleeping about him being forced to go back in person as the Texas Education Agency was going to force all schools in the state to completely reopen in a few weeks amid the raging out of control pandemic here. But they’ve at least stepped back a little now after so much backlash. The school at least can be all online until September 7th now. A few weeks respite, I guess. It’s still very scary though. We can’t really think of anything else he could do though, he’ll have to go in and put himself, and therefore our family, at very high risk of catching it every day.
We’ve chosen to at least have our own kids do the all online school option until the virus cases are way down locally. I feel a little sad for our kids socially. At least they have each other. I hope I can keep them learning as well as they would in person at school too. I’m a little nervous about that also, but I’m so glad I’m able to stay home and do that with them. 
My birthday last week was nice. Patrick gave me a flowery shirt and pants and some shoes which I love. I spent the day outside in the kiddie pool with the kids and reading in the hammock with my summer songs playlist going and a smoothie and chips and guacamole. Patrick grilled me steaks for dinner. They were great. Lexa baked me a key lime pie too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.