Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Quarantine Day 260 Thanksgiving




 We stayed home for thanksgiving this year, of course. We missed gathering with family, but it was still nice. I cooked the turkey, which I brined for the first time, like mom used to. We had the crockpot cranberry sauce as well as canned, mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts, green bean casserole,  yeast rolls, yams with marshmallows, and I also made mashed sweet potato casserole for the first time which was so good! 


We also bought a pecan pie and I made a pumpkin cheesecake. Lexa overbroiled the marshmallows on the yams so that they completely melted away. We thought thanksgiving may be ruined because those are more important to they kids than even the turkey, but they said they could still taste the marshmallows. 
We made some special crafts: a felt leaf garland, same name tags for our places at the table, and Lexa decorated a sheet with fabric crayons for a table cloth. 




I sewed a homemade dress for Lexa with some fall fabrics and Will and Hugh wore their sweater vests that I knitted. 


I didn’t quite finish the new one I was making Timmy in time since he outgrew his matching one. Next year! 
We watched a few thanksgiving shows also including the Charlie Brown one. We didn’t play any board games or go on any hikes like we usually do though. We really need to get out on a hike soon. We’ve been too cooped up lately. They weather suddenly changed to winter this week. 
We got to do a zoom call with Sara, Kenny and Dad. It was so good to see dad(through a screen) for the first time since the beginning of this. 

Now on to Christmas. I think we’re going to get our decorations out today. 


Lexa also made maple brown sugar cinnamon cookies, pumpkin bread and monkey bread for thanksgiving breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.