Thursday, March 26, 2009

girl, Girl, GIRL!

Baby #2 is a ... GIRL! We're so excited. We're going to have a daughter! Wow. The ultrasound technician was pretty confident about it. She wasn't in the most photogenic position, but you can see her hands and feet and head in the pictures. In the top one Patrick says she's holding up her finger saying she's number one. She already weighs two pounds. The doctor said she's within what's normal for size and he doesn't see any problems. I really couldn't decide whether I wanted another boy or a girl before before finding out, but I was so thrilled when the technician said it was a girl. I started to cry a little. Then I cried again when I called my mom in the doctor's waiting room. I was so happy. Other people in the waiting room could hear and were smiling at me. I just called and asked her if she could receive photos on her cell phone, because we wanted to send her a picture of her granddaughter! It was really fun to tell her because I think she was hoping for a granddaughter. She loves her girls and all things girly so much. We sent my sister a picture too, and she sent us a message back saying that she shrieked in the elevator when she got it. Everyone's really excited.

I can't wait to meet little baby Lexa. I think we're going to name her Alexandra Virginia Peabody. It's a mouthful, but it's the only name we've agreed that we both like so far. Virginia is my mom's middle name. Oh no, I'm getting teary eyed again..... so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.