Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Daddy Goat and Little Pig

I made this picture cut out for the party, but it was way too windy to have it out. I'm glad Patrick and Timmy took a picture in it in the living room right after I made it. It was like a sail in the 40 mile per hour winds. It was so hard to set up the party in the strong wind. It was also a pain to haul everything out to Patrick's parents and house and back again. There were so many things I didn't get to put out because of the wind or ran out of time to put out because it took so long to load and get everything there. I painted 18 animals, and only 6 of them were put up, the cute foam board apple trees, ladybugs, bandanna napkins, quilts, paper puppets, sheet I painted to look like a barn, lamb and thumbprint animal crafts, the little pop up barn tent my mom bought, the favors weren't put together, the watermelon was never carved into a pig, the mason jar glasses weren't ready, the fabric sewn on heads of the sawhorse dairy cow and steer actually blew off. We put out the pie after most people had left. My mom was in the kitchen most of the party, I think. Patrick was really busy most of the party too. We didn't play any of the games I had planned, pin the tail on the donkey, round up the animals, sing old mcdonald, do the bunny hop and chicken dance, but the kids were having so much fun just running around, and there wasn't much time. I'm glad that I just let everything go after alot of people had gotten there and just watched Timmy play. It was over so fast. He was asleep after 2 hours.I'm going to play games and do the party crafts with Timmy on Easter I think. I had some grand plans, but I think I learned alot about what not to try to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.