Sunday, June 19, 2016

Banana Poothies


The kids are always asking for banana smoothies. I remember my mom making these for me when I was little, and I loved them just as much, and still do! For some reason I have very clear fond memories of her making me these. I'm glad I can share this special banana smoothie from mom experience with them. 

Will calls them Banana Poothies. Adorable, I know.

They are just a banana, milk and a squirt of honey. We used to put vanilla extract in as well. I think there was something about a raw egg in the original. We don't do that, not sure if mom ever did when I was a kid. If the kids enlist Patrick to make them one, he'll add ice and possibly water. 
Another delicious one is to add heavy cream and peanut butter.

Banana poothie mustache!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.