Tuesday, September 15, 2020

quarantine day 189

 I'm still not used to Patrick being gone all day being back at work after six months of him working from home. I can't just go for walks alone at all hours and remember that I have to bring the little ones with me on any drive through errands I run. There was so much preparation for that first day back, like he was preparing for a trip, laying out work clothes, of which the pants he hadn't worn the whole time home. They were tight. He'd been wearing workout shorts with his dress shirts on virtual work calls. He cooked and packed his lunch, laid out all his masks, hand sanitizers and cleaning supplies to bring. He says he's stressed the whole day there worrying about getting sick. He doesn't even want to sit in any chairs other than his own in his office. It sounds like he's been able to be in his own office alot of the time, doing zoom calls with the other administrators in the offices next to his and observing classes also on zoom. He has to do lunch duty twice a week though and be in the cafeteria with fifty students eating with their masks off. He says he tries to stand as far away as he can against the wall the whole time. 

Yesterday was kind of a rough day with the virtual schooling. Will didn't finish his breakfast in time and took it to his first class. Hugh keeps having tantrums for the iPad.  Will was paying attention nicely and so for the first time I decided to do some chores downstairs instead of sitting and watching him the whole time, but then for some reason our alarm didn't go off, and Timmy never got out of bed, even though I'd already gone in there to wake him up earlier. So he was very late to his first class. On top of that we keep getting notifications that he didn't turn something, in and this is the last week before his report card. It's very stressful. He seems to think he's turned the things in. 

Today has been better though. I hope Timmy finally gets everything taken care of.

Hugh loves to sit in this tree. He usually doesn't want to get down when it's time to go inside.

Will made fruit salad with every kind of fruit we had. 


They put on my sunglasses while we waited for our curbside groceries to be brought out and loaded up. (There's alot of days where Hugh just stays in his pajamas like he is here.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.