Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tractors and Dump Trucks

On Friday, the kids and I went with the Moms club to Dewberry Farm. As soon as we got there Timmy started chasing butterflies in a flower patch filled with pretty red, yellow, and orange flowers, almost as tall as he is. I had my camera with me, ready to take lots of pictures of all the cute photo opportunities we were sure to have, I grabbed it, only to discover that the battery is dead!
We had a great day there. Here are some photos of Timmy that you can imagine in your head: Timmy going on a hayride in a covered wagon pulled by a red tractor, Timmy walking around a big pumpkin patch where the pumpkins were growing in the field, Timmy riding on a little Timmy-size tractor with pedals, Timmy sitting on a big, antique John Deere tractor, Timmy watching a chicken puppet show (I had a hard time pulling him away from this to do any of the other fun stuff there, don't know why this was so interesting), Timmy feeding a goat (they had this walkway where the goats would walk high in the air. Timmy thought it was funny.), Timmy being chased by a goose as big as he is (I picked him up and carried him far away from it), Timmy looking at a horse and her colt, chickens and chicks(his favorite), piglets, and donkeys in the barn, Timmy climbing into a big wooden fort, sliding down slides, crawling through tunnels, climbing to the top of a pile of hay bales, and playing on a big inflated bouncy thing which I cannot describe (Timmy hasn't learned how to jump yet, so he was enjoying running across it.) The last thing we did there was to walk through a HUGE maze in a corn field. I think I could have gotten lost in there. I let Timmy pick the direction each time we came to a fork in the path, and, fortunately, he just led us in a small circle and then back out the entrance.















A few weeks ago we went on another outing with the Mom's Club, this time to the city landfill. Everyone I've told this to, has said something like, "Hmm...Okay.." It was a little bit stinky, but we went on a bus tour of it, and, Timmy, with his great interest in vehicles, really enjoyed watching the garbage trucks, bulldozers, and dump trucks dumping trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.