Friday, November 6, 2009

Sweet Timmy


At bedtime sometimes Timmy hugs me, kisses me, pats me on the head, then lays down, takes my arms and wraps them around him.
He likes to pick wildflowers in the backyard (wild onions right now) and give them to me, saying "Here's some nice flowers for Mommy" .
Every morning he wakes me up saying, "Mommy, the sun is shining. It's time to wake up", in a happy, sweet voice.
Sometimes he holds my face between his hands and says "I love you" or "Mommy loves you."
The other day he said, "I don't like our white house. Let's go to our brown house." It was when we wasn't feeling well, and I was trying to clean the kitchen. Later that day, while I was changing his diaper, he asked me to put Lexa back in my belly button. Poor little Timmy.
Today we were dogs, from Clifford, the Big Red Dog. I was T-bone, Timmy was Clifford, Lexa was Cleo, and Patrick, who was at work, was KC, the paraplegic dog. Later we were the cars from the Cars movie. I was Mater, Timmy was Lightning McQueen, Lexa was Sally, and Patrick was Ramone, which Timmy pronounces 'mone.
Timmy has just discovered his throat. Yesterday he told us there's a crack in his mouth. While he was eating today, he explained to me that the food was going down his throat.
He did great at playgroup today, sharing his cars with a bunch of kids, and sharing the other toys too, mostly when the kids weren't interested in them. He tries to stuff toys into their hands that they don't really want. He still tends to grab the ones they do want more often, but he's getting so much better and understands taking turns, sometimes even instigating the turn taking. The other kids were enjoying playing with him today because he was telling them what to imagine - that he was a dog next to a house and they were fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.