My favorite time of day is when this little girl first wakes up. She lifts her head to look at me and beams her sweet, contagious smile, as if this little person is trying to say, "Mommy, I'm so excited to see you."
I also love to hear Timmy's cute little boy voice saying every morning, "Mommy, the sun is shining. It's time to wake up."
Before I had children, when I thought of motherhood, I thought of breastfeeding, sleep deprivation and diapers. While those are obviously part of it, what took me by surprise is the way I feel when I just sit and watch them innocently sleep or stare at each of them playing across the room, and how proud I feel when one of them accomplishes yet another task they've tried so hard to conquer or the way her face lights up when I enter the room because I am her world and she is mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.