Friday, September 24, 2010

Does Timmy like having a baby sister?

Sometimes.
If I ask him, he says yes. It's always the three of us now, our new normal. He's used to her being with us all the time. To him it's the way it should be now.
Now that she's on the move, things have gotten so much more difficult. Whatever he is playing with is what she wants. She knocks over the block towers, crawls over the neatly lined up cars. I tell him to play with his toys on the kitchen table or in the play room with the baby gate up. He's usually not happy about this. He'd rather I come in the room with him and lock her out. Screaming, grabbing, pushing and time outs fill our days.
They also have really sweet moments. She adores him, wants to do whatever he's doing, thinks he's so funny, and doesn't seem to care how rough he is. We're trying to teach him not to try to pick her up. She follows him around the house.
Sometimes he's really sweet and shares with her and wants to make her feel better when she's crying. He says she's his friend, wants to hold her hand, hugs and kisses her, and tells her he loves her. (Although he hugs other children on the playground and tells them he loves them too.)When just Lexa and I go somewhere and Timmy's not around, she's slower to warm up to other children and won't let me put her down right away. This is completely different than Timmy ever was. I'm not used to it yet. Timmy is always off all over the place, not shy at all. I think she misses him when he's not around

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.