Sunday, November 10, 2013

Little Will

Will more than likely will be our last baby. Our little Will. (I really wanted to call Timmy Little Will when I was pregnant with him. Patrick had something to say about that, and I had to wait.) It's very bittersweet as he gets older each and everyday. Every little baby stage he goes through will be our last time. Everything he's already grown out of, is already done for us. No more newborn baby cooing, the first smile and laugh,  or little baby things like rolling and scooting and crawling.
On the other hand, without a baby needing me every second, I'll be able to do more with the older kids and with him as well. Now that we have one again, I'm remembering and realizing how tied down I get and struggle to just keep up. There isn't as much extra stuff, like art, science and cooking  projects, that I'd like to do with my big kids, but just feel too overwhelmed already to attempt it very often.
I was thinking that if I had one more, to have four kids like the original plan. It would only be so that Will would have a sibling close in age too, an older pair and a younger pair. I'm not so sure I could handle four children! So I guess we'll be making our final decision this summer.
Our time, money and resources are already stretched as well. The biggest thing for me though is how much more involved I'd like to be with each of them, that another baby would hold me back from that. So although I am sad about no more babies to cuddle and watch with wonder and love, I think Little Will will probably always stay the baby. I think it will be a good family. A complete family of five.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.