
April 1,2020
Quarantine Day 18
We haven’t gone anywhere in 17 days, just walks and bike rides around the neighborhood. Timmy asked if we could go somewhere the other day, and it was sad. Will brought me a book to read one morning. I read the title, “The Places You Will Go”, and Will interjected, “Nowhere.” So we’ve been here at home with no end to quarantine in sight. We’ve gotten to spend so much time together though which is nice, and it’s been nice to slow down. I’ve been going for nice walks and bike rides in the evenings. I thought at first I would get lots of cleaning decluttering projects done and take up some new hobbies, but I haven’t. I think it’s because the kids are always HERE! They are receiving online learning from their schools. It’s been nice for them to have some structure to their days and something to do. The older two are almost entirely independent with it. Will is all hands on with me, but he’s loving the activities. We’re starting to get into a rhythm with our days, although they are hard to tell apart. I made tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids for lunch today like mom often used to for me as a kid.I would request it too when she took care of me after having my babies. She would have been 73 today... I’m learning the hard way that grief never ends, does it?
Lexa’s been cooking like never before. Sometimes we wake up to find she’s made us breakfast. Timmy had his first Zoom meeting yesterday. It was great to see him laughing with his classmates. It’s sad when they see their neighbor friends in their yards, but they can’t go play with them. They talk from opposite sides of there yards across the fence sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.