Sunday, May 17, 2020

Quarantine Day 20



4/3/20
Today was Timmy’s 13th birthday, the first time in his life he didn’t get to have a party. A bunch of friends and some of his teachers sent him video messages. He face-timed with Aunt Sara and Uncle Kenny and Granny and Papa, and he talked to Granddad on the phone about the bird eggs in his bird houses. Lexa made him chocolate chip waffles for breakfast and burgers for lunch. I had gotten some soft pretzels in our grocery order yesterday that I surprised him with. He requested ordering pizza for dinner. We baked a cake, and he opened presents. He got some LEGO sets which he spent the afternoon putting together, some dragon books and T-shirts, and a colorful mug he’s been drinking from at every meal. He’s been really happy all day. I filled his room and hung streamers on his door while he was sleeping last night. His class wished him happy birthday in his zoom meeting this morning too. I think he ended up feeling special on his quarantine birthday after all. We let him wait until tomorrow(Saturday) to do his online schoolwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.