I showed Lexa a recipe for Monkey bread where you make the dough too, and she made it for us before Patrick and I got up this morning!
She’s also been doing lots of oragami. She’s made a basket full of paper oragami balls. Timmy watched some YouTube videos and made some dragons and paper claws one day. Lexa and I have also started practicing calligraphy from a beginning calligraphy book that was mom’s. That’s been kind of relaxing, and we’re getting better! Timmy brought over his homemade feather quill that’s in the picture. He used our ink to draw dragons with it.
Lexa is always asking me to do crafts with her. I happened to see a simple looking craft book and handed it to her, so she’s been sewing little felt animals now. She also told me she’s writing a mystery story. I’ve started reading the secret garden to her, and she really loves it. It so nice to share that one with her. I hadn’t read it since I was also ten.
There was one week when Timmy read all three of the Wings of Fire dragon books Sara and Kenny gave him for his birthday. We got an email from a teacher at the end of that week that he had missing work.. He had to stay up late finishing it that Friday.
I downloaded a plant identification app on my phone that the kids have enjoyed. You take a picture of the plant and it gives you usually correct suggestions of what it is. I’ve been getting some landscaping ideas on my walks.
We’ve done a few tinkergarten at home activities with Hugh. They made an obstacle course in the yard which they had a lot of fun with for several days. They made some potions just by mixing stuff in jars and Hugh used an egg carton as a nature treasure box. I plan on doing more once Will’s school assignments end and I’m not so busy with that.
Patrick has just finished with his Zoom gaming group and is excited to tell me what happened in the game, so that’s all for now.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.