Friday, May 29, 2020

Quarantine Day 74



Last Sunday was Patrick’s  and my anniversary. We had Italian food delivered from a restaurant for a nice meal at home. I think it was from Mandela’s. It was delicious. We ate with the kids. It was very exciting because it was the first food we’ve had since quarantine that wasn’t from the grocery store pickup or pizza delivery. I think I asked Patrick three times, I was so looking forward to it. (“We’re picking up restaurant food, right?”) 
Today is also the last day of the school year and online distance school for the kids. Whew! Timmy was up into the night finishing his missing assignments at the last minute. They had their last class Zoom meetings. We drove through drive by car parades at their schools and waved at their sweet teachers from our car. I’m going to put a up a following post here of f some of Will’s online work we did in these months. I took pictures of it all to post to his teacher each day. He really enjoyed science at home. They gave us some continuing small daily activities to do, plus there’s many more mystery science Doug and scholastic lesson videos I think we’ll keep doing.
It was weird to see everything open with cars at all the restaurants as we drove by to the school parades. I hadn’t been out at all really before. I guess the world is up and moving and people are choosing to take a lot of risks. We’ll keep home and safe as long as we can. The cases are going up locally as everything opens. I expect to see a rise in the next two months because of it now. We’ll see how June and July go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.